The “Tesla Academy” technical creation club for 14-17-year-old students is open in the Energy and Technology Museum. Classes are held in the Electronics Workshop, which is named after the inventor, physicist, mechanical and electrical engineer Nikola Tesla.
What do we do here? We learn to use modern technologies such as 3D printers, wide format plotters, microcontrollers and other electronics. After getting acquainted with the equipment, we create the chosen item: a photo-lamp, smart home system or museum exhibit. After graduating from “Tesla Academy”, participants acquire the basics of programming, soldering and electronics.
The technical creation club develops engineering thinking and competences, creativity, is focused on the implementation of set goals, problem solving and learning through practice. The club is unique in that it is guided by the principles of non-formal education – students try out various technologies, discover their field of interest and deepen their knowledge in the chosen field: engineering, electronics, programming. Class management is flexible and adapted to the knowledge and needs of each student. Class educator is electronics engineer and curator of Electronics Workshops Andžej Kuldoš.
Why should you participate in the “Tesla Academy”?
- The workshop is equipped with the latest equipment;
- Integrated engineering, electronics, programming classes;
- Attention to the needs and knowledge of each student;
- Combined individual and team work;
- Learning through practice;
- Activities take place in an authentic space – the historical Vilnius Central power plant;
- A competent educator.
“Tesla Academy” Program:
- Introductory session about 3D printers. We will get acquainted with five FDM technology and one SLA technology 3D printer, we will learn how to work safely with this equipment. We will test the acquired knowledge by performing the tasks of the test principle. Divided into small groups, we will start working with software and 3D printers, and experiment.
- An introductory session about a wide-format plotter. We will get acquainted with a wide-format plotter and learn how to work safely with this equipment. We will test the acquired knowledge by performing the tasks of the test principle, and experiment.
- Introductory session on electronics. We will get acquainted with various microcontrollers and sensors, learn how to control and program them, and how to work safely with electronic components. We will test the acquired knowledge by performing the tasks of the test principle. Practical electronics workshop –divided into small groups, we will learn how to program microcontrollers, use sensors and other electronics, and experiment.
- Open sessions. Implementation of a technical creation project. Using the knowledge and skills acquired during practical workshops, we will individually or in groups implement the selected project.
- Presentation of creative projects and awarding of “Tesla Academy” diplomas. We will present the completed projects to friends and the curator of the group, discuss the challenges and success.
Classes are held two times per week (4 academic hours in total).
The price is 110 eur/month 90 eur/month. (The program is granted a discount from the non-formal education basket of the Vilnius City Municipality.)
Pre-registration is here. Number of places: 20.
More information: [email protected].